free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

Monday, November 19, 2007

Happy Wife, Happy Life!

Our weekend was great!
We had a nice visit with our friends, Danielle & Big G and want to thank them for all of Christian and Gabrielle's fabulous gently used toys and clothes - we're so excited to get our kid's wardrobe started as well as their playroom! Our kids will love all of the toys and I know we'll get a lot of use from the pack-n-play as well. Thank you again, it's a tremendous help- You guys rock!

We also went to the Texans vs. Saints game and had a blast with our friends Ira and Olga. (Olga taught me the title of this post - so funny!). We ran into some other great friends there too, Teri and Mike. It was hard to choose who to root for, so we wore Texans tops with Mardi Gras beads around our necks! We had way too much fun and I'm feeling it today - I'm such a lightweight. Thanks guys for the great tailgating party before and after the game - wow, I guess those days are short lived once we get the kiddos huh?

I don't know if I ever publically thanked my 'sister' Laura for the tremendous lot of books- I really hope Nathan had a chance to enjoy some and you know you are welcome to them anytime you want them. Love you girl!

Adoption news: Our homestudy is updated, the dossier paperwork is finished, notarized, apostilled and turned in. After our agency does their thing (adds more paperwork), they will send all the docs to St. Petersburg to be translated. This will take about 3 weeks (maybe 4 with the holidays), then we'll be assigned a region. THEN the real wait begins.... AGAIN.
We're getting there! We'll keep you updated as things move along.

2 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!! Isn't great getting toys and such from family and friends? My sister-in-law has a 24 months old and has been passing great stuff to me and I love it. It also sounds like things are really moving along for your paperwork which is great news!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

It sounds like you are making alot of progress with your documents! I hope they get them translated quickly and that you don't have to wait a long time for your referral!