free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

Friday, November 2, 2007

Love

Every day this month I'm going to post something. Even if I have nothing to say. This is National Adoption Awareness Month so we all need to make everyone aware that adopting is just as special as being pregnant.

There's been some talk on other blogs about adoptees not really being your own and that you could never love someone the same as if they were your blood. I beg to differ.
I ask these people if they've ever been in love. Do you love your spouse? Do you love your boyfriend/girlfriend? Dogs? Cats? My point is: I love my husband more than anything on this earth and he certainly is not my blood relative.
We have spent thousands of dollars saving our little dog's life and would do it again in a second - if that's not love, I don't know what is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Jane,

I just want you to know that I always thought I would love a child through adoption as much as a biological child, but I didn't realize how much! Owen could not be anymore "my own" than any other child, born in Russia, the U.S., or any other country, or from within my body. I love him more than anything else in the world. He and Jim are more special to me than I could ever put into words, and neither of them share my DNA. I am so glad you posted about this, and I wish more people could let themselves understand just how much we love our children. All children are gifts from God, some just come to us in a different but very special way. Your children may have another mother, another family, on the other side of the world who gave birth to them, but they will always be "your own" and no one should ever tell you differently. You will love them more than life itself!!!

junglemama said...

Adopting is as special as being pregnant. Having done both, I can say that in many ways, it is even more special. It is definitely the harder of the two. :)

May God Bless you on this amazing journey.

We are also in the process of adopting a little boy from Ukraine.