free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy New Year a few days late!

Happy New Year to everyone!
We celebrated with Olga and Ira by going to see the Rockets lose, then toasting the new year at their house. On the 1st, we went to Mike and Teri's house and had a wonderful lunch with them and their 2 kiddos (and 1 on the way) along with Danielle and Gerald and their 2 kiddos - next year there will be 3 more kids to add to the mix - should be even more fun than this year!

I decided to add our timeline to our blog so that we can look back and remember how long this actually took. Wow, it's been over a year since we started this whole process.
I'm not complaining though because we were told that it was going to be a roller coaster ride of excitement and frustration along with a long wait so we knew what to expect. We're definitely living that life. It's all good though - it's 2008 and we have a positive attitude that this will be our year!
I talked to our adoption consultant yesterday who said that Russia is still in holiday-mode (they're Christmas is January 7) so we'll need to wait just a little longer to see what Region we'll be assigned. I'm looking forward to learning all I can about the new Region. I had previously learned as much as I could about Kemerovo, so now we get to educate ourselves again!

No other news - work is fine for both Jim and me, dogs and birds are great and our health is perfect. Couldn't ask for any more now could we - except maybe a couple of munchkins!

6 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

Happy New Year!! We also started over a year ago. We really hadn't planned on it taking so long. Then again - they international adoption was crazy!! All in God's timing!

Kids Special Needs said...

I read your comment on Lisa's blog about you adopting two at one time. I wish more people would adopt a sibling group. We did in September 2007. If you would like to check out my blog, please email me at kidsspecialneeds@yahoo.com.

Best wishes!!!

Kids Special Needs said...

ps..that's two kids (a bio sibling group) that we just brought home ;o)

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Happy New Year to you and Jim! It sounds like you had a great holiday!

I look forward to hearing what your new region will be! What is the timeline once you are assigned a region? Have they given you any ideas? I can't wait to hear the details! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Becky and Keith said...

Happy New Year! I hope you have a great 2008 - good things are coming your way! :-)