free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

Monday, April 7, 2008

Tyumen !

We are officially registered! Our Region is Tyumen.
Here are some fun and interesting Tyumen facts:

~~Tyumen is the oldest city in Siberia
~~80% of Russia’s oil comes from Tyumen
~~Tyumen is known as “The Energy Center of Russia”
~~TSOGU – Tyumen State Oil and Gas University is one of only 4 Petroleum Universities in Russia
~~Miss Russia 2007, Ksenia Sukhinova, hails from Tyumen
~~It’s a 2 ½ hour flight from Moscow

and the MOST unbelievable fact is that Tyumen is Houston’s sister city - It must be fate!
http://www.sistercitiesofhouston.org/cities/tyumen/tyumen_ed.htm

We were told that there are 2 other families registered in Tyumen right now - one waiting for a girl and one waiting for a boy - none other than us waiting for 2 children.

So I'm very encouraged, especially now that almost all of my blogger friends have gotten referrals (hang in there Joy, you and I are not far behind!).


5 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

What a cool region and you're number one for siblings!!! Congratulations on becoming one step closer - boy things are really moving!! Hope you hear very soon.

Nancy said...

That's awesome news!!!! What a cool coincidence that the city has a connection to Houston!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Yes, it WAS meant to be!! :) I hope things move very quickly for you two. I can't wait to hear you have received your referral!!!

Joy said...

How cool. I think you are right this is fate. I think you might be traveling soon then you think. How exciting.
Joy

Becky and Keith said...

What great news!!! I love the link between Tyumen and Houston - I'm such a believer in those kind of things! I hope things happen REALLY SOON for you!!