Sunday, July 27, 2008
Monday, July 21, 2008
We got to Moscow around 8:00 pm and at our hotel and in to bed around midnight. We flew on Aeroflot to Ark this morning and are now waiting for our flight to Kotlas. I've heard horror stories about Aeroflot but can honestly say, it was a very nice flight. (Jim is in love with the women over here - they're BEAUTIFUL!!). Don't worry, I'm keeping him on a short leash!
Tomorrow we will meet the children!! We're so excited! Our rep in Russia, Dimitry, showed us more pics of the kids and they really are truly beautiful.
Hopefully we'll get to post again before the end of the trip but we're going to such a remote area, we don't know if they will have accomodations.
Will write again when we can -
Jane & Jim
Friday, July 18, 2008
Every once in awhile I will read a blog that says someone is not approving of their adoption. I'm like, huh? what? I have to read it twice. It doesn't make sense to me.
We have not come across that at all since we started this. As a matter of fact, everyone has been so supportive and remarkably kind to us.
Before we take off (in about 27 hours!), I just wanted to let all of you know, from the depths of my heart, how truly thankful I am to have you in my life.
It's truly amazing how many people really care.
Thank you and I'll try to write a post whilst we're there - if not, talk to you in a week!
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Saturday, July 5, 2008
We're doing great - working, gathering things here and there for the trip...
- Our bag is packed for the orphanage with toys, vitamins, stuffed animals, clothes for the munchkins to try on, questions for the caregivers, paper, crayons, markers, bubbles, beach ball, foot measuring chart and the photo books. It's really heavy!!
- We've painted their bedroom a really pretty, calming blue called Prairie Sky. I'm soooo looking forward to decorating it.
- Today will be a clothes shopping day - we'll figure out exactly what we'll wear and what we need to buy.
- The airfare is purchased. We're very fortunate to be on a non-stop from Houston to Moscow- an 11 1/2 hour flight.
- The house/dog/bird-sitter is in place (thanks Jeanette!)
- The hotels are reserved.
- The Visas have been applied for - should be receiving them next week.
- Our rides to/from the airport are set (thanks Olga and Ira!)
- I've had to update a couple of docs: Our Psych. Eval. Doc's license expired so I had to get a new copy of it, have it notarized and apostilled. Our I171H doc expires in July so we had to be re-fingerprinted and I'm still waiting on that approval doc. This is the only thing I'm a little bit nervous about. Also, since we're registered in Tyumen and Ark, I had to write a letter saying that we want to have our dossier removed from Tyumen (so that another family can get registered there). This, of course, has to be notarized and apostilled.
- The 2nd portion of our dossier is due within 2 weeks of us getting back from trip 1. It's completely together and notarized and so I'll go have all of these docs apostilled next week.
We had a great 4th of July with our friends Olga and Ira. Hope all of you had a great one too!
In two weeks we'll be on a plane to Russia. YAY!!!
Oh, and the CD is great! I've now learned/memorized how to say don't cry, it's ok, you are so handsome/beautiful, you are so smart and a bunch of colors! It's pretty cool -